Monday, October 25, 2010

Meet Little Champ's Art

Halloween BOO Canvas Wall Blocks - Hand Painted
Little Champ's Art Bio:
I'm the "Little Champ" behind Little Champ's Art. With the help of "mama champ" from time to time, this crafty business dream is starting to take shape and become a reality - How exciting & scary all at once!!
With an obsessive personality, diving into this crafting world of Etsy (and beyond) has been an incredible journey! Even better, it has never once felt like work.
I love any and all things crafty - painting, drawing, scrapbooking, decorating, anything! My next venture will be into painting on canvases, so stay tuned to see how it turns out!
I've been painting names on items as part of my "day job" and for friends/family for about 13 years now. Figured it was about time I started doing it for myself and turn it from a casual hobby into a serious (but fun!) business!

How'd you get started on Etsy?
I posted on my Facebook page that I wanted to sell my stuff and right away had a few people tell me about Etsy.com. I had never even heard of it!

What was your inspiration for your shop?
For years people have been telling me I should sell my stuff outside the toystore. YEARS. One day I just kind of woke up and decided to do it.

What's your favorite shop item and why?
The FAMILY blocks. Just everything about them came out as perfection. The fact that the boyfriend doesn't want me to sell them really means a lot, too.

Family Tree Canvas Wall Blocks - Hand Painted
How do you unwind when you're not creating?
I kill things. No, not literally... calm down ;) I play lots of video games - World of Warcraft, Starcraft2... If you've had a really bad day, it really is therapeutic to just kick someone's ass at a game.

What's your favorite kind of cupcake?
FUNFETTI! :) but I’m pretty sure if I were to ever try one of those bacon cupcakes, I’d be in love... and about 30lbs heavier, because I’d probably get addicted. c'mon... bacon AND chocolate?

Cupcakes Bulletin Board Sweet Notes

What pushes you to want to create something?
Everything? I’m not really sure. Right now it’s the fact that my parents are actually proud of me and I haven't even succeeded yet. My mom has so much faith in what I’m doing that she's decided to become an "investor" and that means a lot. Also, my dad told a friend recently "my little girl is so talented" that touched me in a way I wasn't even expecting.

What's your favorite cartoon as a kid? As an adult, if you stumble upon it while channel surfing now would you stop & watch?
Ohhh jeez. I’m such a cartoon freak. As a kid it was definitely the old Looney Tunes - bugs, porky, road runner and The Jetsons.
I don't stumble upon cartoons; I seek them out as an adult. Yes, I’m nearly 27 and I’m usually watching the Disney Channel. I don't believe in growing up ;)

What's your fantasy job?
Owning my own store. Be it a toy store, a book store, a coffee shop, or a little champ shop... I just want to have an actual place that's mine to run however I’d like.

Do you have a secret guilty pleasure?
Well it’s not a secret anymore... but Disney Channel. I’m pretty obsessed with the mouse, and anything he's connected to. You don't even want to get me started on Disney World... ohhhh boy.

Pencil Case - Blue - Hand Painted and Personalized
List 3 things you are so obsessed with it is torture to ever say no to.
Anything Disney, Oreos, shopping at Target.

List 3 of your favorite Etsy shops.
funkychunkies (I got a Mickey bracelet from her - love it), booboozoo (my custom knee wrap is a life saver and super adorable), and JoshuaByOak (amazing Christmas items... wow)

Do you have a favorite author? When you read, do you use a proper bookmark, bend the page, or grab anything handy to mark your place?

Charles Dickens. Yes, it’s extremely nerdy, but his books completely transport me to another time and place. Ahh, I love it. I totally beat my books to hell, which is weird because I TREASURE them. I bend the pages, I crease the binding, and I pick at the corners. Basically, you can tell how much I liked a book by how disgusting it is when I’m done with it. A really good book is close to tatters...

If money was no object and you can live wherever you want….where would that be?
Denver, Colorado. It’s BEAUTIFUL there. They get like a million days of sunshine a year, and with the mountains you can see snow 365 days a year. Plus my very best friend in the world lives there and I miss him dearly!

MLB Baseball Team Ornament Personalized and Hand Painted

What is your best childhood memory?
Okay it’s really mean... so don't judge. But we had this HUGE apple tree in my yard and Travis (the aforementioned best friend) and I didn't like the new neighbor kids, so we climbed in the tree to hide from them and when we were found, we just started throwing apples at these kids so they'd leave us alone! I wonder if any of them recall this as their "worst childhood memory" yikes!

You can find Little Champ's Art on Etsy, Facebook, Twitter and Flickr.  Please visit her.










1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...