Saturday, October 23, 2010

Get Sassy


Prescription for Sass necklace-vintage modern chic
 Sassy's Bio:
I became enchanted by Etsy the first time I visited. After many fabulous discoveries & purchases - some of you may recognize me as user (or should I say buyer!) "schnoff" - I got the craft bug! I made some things for myself & friends and then decided I'd try to multitask as a buyer & seller! "Schnoff" is not a very appealing name for a shop - although it does have a special place in my heart since it goes back to my college days - so here I am as SassyBelleWares! I hope you enjoy the sassies in my shop!

How'd you get started on Etsy?
I read about it in the NY Daily News and loved it the minute I went to the site. I was a champion buyer for about a year and then decided to try as a seller.

How'd you get started on Etsy?
Mostly seeing something I like and thinking "What could I do with that to make it wearable?!" My cocktail monkey necklaces are the perfect example of that. I love CM and wanted a way to always have him with me!
Sassy Cosmo Monkey cocktail monkey necklace
What's your favorite shop item and why?
Right now, my flapper rings because I am obsessed with the HBO show Boardwalk Empire!

Tallulah the Flapper ring
How do you unwind when you're not creating?
Reading and watching the gazillion tv shows that I DVR!

What's your favorite kind of cupcake?
Cupcakes are one of my obsessions and I have NEVER met a cupcake I didn't like. My faves are vanilla vanilla from Billy's bakery in NYC and coconut from Crumbs.

What pushes you to want to create something?
Having an idea and wanting to see if it will work out.

What's your favorite cartoon as a kid. As an adult, if you stumble upon it while channel surfing now would you stop & watch?
Hong Kong Phooey was my fave cartoon and I would absolutely stop and watch. I have actually searched for it recently and I just bought this cute Phooey scrabble tile pendant on Etsy.

What's your fantasy job?
Being a Broadway star...specifically musicals. And, no, I cannot sing or dance!

Do you have a secret guilty pleasure?
Watching Jersey Shore but it is not something I hide so I guess it is just a guilty pleasure!

List 3 things you are so obsessed with it is torture to ever say no to.
1-Broadway shows 2-handbags 3-any chance to go into NYC to do anything.

Candy Corn ponytail holder
 List 3 of your favorite Etsy shops.
I have so many but one of my faves is Lola Falk Designs.
She has fabulous bags and the ones I have given as gifts have always been a hit!

Another fave is a more recent discovery, Bungalow Bath & Body.
The whipped sugar scrubs are perfect...moisturizing but not greasy and they smell so delicious I have to keep reminding myself I cannot eat them! The pancake breakfast is a must!

Shixie is another of my faves:
The mini dress necklaces are one of the funnest accesories I have ever seen!

Do you have a favorite author? When you read, do you use a proper bookmark, bend the page, or grab anything handy to mark your place?
Adriana Trigiani...when you read her books you feel like you are right there with the characters. I use a proper bookmark...they are one of the things I think you can never have enough of!

If money was no object and you can live wherever you want….where would that be?
NYC and upstate NY. I absolutely love NYC and would love to live there. Hubby would love to live on a huge hunk of land. So, if money was not an issue I would love to have both so we could go back and forth. Also, a big hunk of land would allow me to rescue homeless animals and give them a place to live!

Daisy button stack ring
What is your best childhood memory?
My best childhood memory is growing up surrounded by a huge loving family and true friends. No matter what the occasion, fun, happy, serious, or sad there was always a gazillion people my parents, my brother, and I could count on to be there without having to ask.

Find her at:
SassyBelleWares
SassyBelleButtons

Join her mailing list for sales, discount codes and other news
SassyBelleWares page on Facebook
Follow her blog SassyBelle's Spotlight

 Also be on the lookout for SassyBelle's participation in the Etsy DTeam's Thanksgiving Sale that runs from November 26 through November 29, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...