Thursday, September 2, 2010

Acorn Earrings -the story of their birth

So I was at my favorite store, Goodwill, last week and I saw this most excellent necklace. Unfortunately, a couple of stones were missing. I was undaunted and bought my newly prized item. The first thing I did was break apart the components. There was a total of five. Three looked great so I remade them into a bracelet that is now on sale at Etsy.

The other two were the ones with missing stones. After shuffing through a few different stones and talking with my DTeam on Etsy, I decided to go with a couple of faceted glass beads.  They were a bit translucent and needed a punch up.  I glued them into place and waited for them to dry. Then flipping over to the back, which was open, I painted a dark grey blue over the crystal. Once that was dry, I used Diamond Glaze over the paint to seal it all in.

By now, most if it looked good. The only part of the pieces that didn't fit well was the area where once there was a connector. So, I used 20 guage wire and wrapped that area to build it up to the same thickness as the rest.

This is the final piece.
These will be on sale on Etsy real soon!

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome makeover. If you hadn't have said, I would have thought it was a new design with some rather nice components!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...