Thursday, March 25, 2010

Vintage bracelet design and background

I was the 4th child and the 3rd daughter in my family. As a result I got a lot of hand me downs over the years. Some of them I wish I had like the original Barbie in the black and white stripe bandeau bathingsuit. Some of them I don't understand how I kept like my wrought iron cobbler stand. And some of them I cherish like the jewelry pieces.

Mom still has her nice jewelry. What I got were the dimestore items and trinkets from vacations long past. The elastic in the bracelet broke as the bead string on the necklaces and I kept what beads I could. Years passed and during them, I would find something at a yard sale or Goodwill that would remind me of the original jewelry piece now broken. I started collecting them and soon I had quite a collection.


I've sorted through and made several pieces. This is one of them. I've had lots of fun making this bracelet and might find myself just keeping it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...