Friday, November 18, 2011

NC Artists of Precision and Detail

I'd like for you to meet some artisans and crafters I met at NC Farmer's Market Fall Craft Fair. It was so fun to meet new friends and visit with old ones and share in the joy of what we recent made. Seeing what others do inspires me to do the same. All this week I've been having new ideas run through my mind.  Here is a small selection of who I met.

This little boy's portrait was watercolor painted by Andrea Wilson in Holly Springs, NC. She has also recreated it in pencil.

In addition Andrea is a fabulous acrylic painter. When my daughter saw I bought a small one of a flounder, she immediately took ownership. We are currently in negotiations. Andrea also makes polymer clay jewelry in wonderfully fun shapes and colors.

For more information on custom portraits or where you find her next, you can find Andrea Wilson by email.




Richard Coates of Holly Ridge Woodcrafting combines photography with woodworking and his end results are stunning in detail. This year he introduced revolving pen containers. So cool! Holly Ridge Woodcrafting is located in Rougemont, NC.  For more information about where to find Richard next or to place an order, you can email him.


 Pens and Banks is a family affair with Frank and Clint Johnson of Raleigh and Clayton, NC. I love the antique feel of the coin banks made with vintage post office box doors that Frank makes.

Clint lathes beautiful pens from exotic woods and other materials like corian and deer antlers. He says his wife insists the manufacture of the antler pens to be done far from the house. I can understand why. The end result from all of his hard work is a great gift for your father, boss or mentor.

You can find more information by emailing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...